Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is hiring a Floating Case Aide to help provide support to the Preventive programs. The Floating Case Aide’s responsibilities include outreach activities and tracking for all sites, performing administrative tasks, such as maintaining case files, updating referral information, and assisting with the upkeep of case records. The Floating Case aide is required to interact with clients, perform some interviews when assisting with home visits for any of the Preventive programs.
- Assist with home visits when there is a need or staff vacancy at any of the Preventive sites. Home visits must be approved by a Supervisor.
- Documenting notes for visits completed.
- Assist with conducting monthly outreach activities (schools, hospitals, daycare, parks, ACS Borough offices and other local community based organizations) that educate and heighten awareness of Sheltering Arms Preventive programs and services offered.
- Participate in community forums and networks on behalf of the Preventive programs.
- Assist with canvassing community settings to target prospective clients at various community based organizations.
- Answering the telephone, screen and direct calls while covering front desk.
- Assisting the Administrative Assistant (AA) with the completion of Intake administrative paperwork.
- Putting together Case records for new intakes.
- Assistance with setting up for groups.
- Gathering surveys from clients.
- Making copies of forms and assisting with filing for Case Planners.
- Assist with coverage of the front desk as needed.
- Gathering resources for clients (e.g.-camps, vocational/alternative school settings, housing info, recreational activities etc.)
- Provide information to callers.
- Deal with queries from the public and clients.
- Filing, open and close cases
- Complete required number of staff training hours as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Associates degree.
- Experience with at risk population preferred
- Non-judgmental approach and ability to empathize with others; Genuine interest in working with disenfranchised individuals; Self-motivation skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Dynamic energy, able to multi-task and negotiate multiple demands on attention
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Two years of experience in child welfare and family services preferred including ability to discuss the parameters of services offered by Preventive program and to provide complete and accurately timely written reports.
- Child welfare practice experience a plus; thorough working knowledge of ACS preventive services system.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.