Youth Specialist I,II & III (Non-Secure Placement- Bronx & Queens)
- Bronx,Queens, NY
- Part Time to Full Time
- Adolescent Residential Care
- Mid Level
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Youth Specialist candidates for our Adolescents Residential Care Department, to work in one of our Non-Secure Placement Facilities in the Bronx or Queens.The Youth Specialist I, II/III works directly with juvenile offenders between the ages of 11-17, who are serving their sentence in our NSP group homes in the Bronx. Under the supervision of the Site Director and Shift Management, and with the support of fellow staff and Case Planners, the Youth Specialist II/III will provide exceptional quality services to the residents, including facilitating the daily routine, discipline, and program structure of the home. The Youth Specialist will be responsible for Managing residents' behavior utilizing the principles of the "Integrated Treatment Model" with the end goal teaching the youth to make positive and lasting changes in their behaviors.
- For Youth Specialist I, a High School Diploma + 1-2 years experience required.
- For Youth Specialist II, an Associate’s Degree or at least 60+ college credits toward a degree is required.
- For Youth Specialist III, a Bachelors Degree is required.
- A Valid NYS Driver's License and a clean driving record are also required.
- Managing residents' behavior utilizing the principles of the "Integrated Treatment Model" with the end goal teaching the youth to make positive and lasting changes in their behaviors
- Driving the youth to daily appointments and returning them to the facility upon completion (school, medical appointments, family visitations, etc.)
- Maintaining the safety and security of all residents and upholding the rules and principles of the home.
- Documenting and logging all internal activities of the facilities
- Valid NYS Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Prior experience with group home population preferred
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience with a group home population.
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.