Quality Improvement Coordinator – Afterschool/Article 31
- Bronx, NY
- Full Time
- Quality Improvement
- Mid Level
Job Summary: Sheltering Arms is seeking an enthusiastic, capable and self-motivated coordinator to support agency programs in providing high quality services and demonstrating positive impact on our clients and communities. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion to contribute to the agency’s mission and support agency and department values and strategic goals. This candidate will engage in research and innovations, excel in a fast-paced environment, seek and pursue opportunities to exceed expectations and solve challenges, and exhibit commitment to the professional development of themselves and their teammates.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure quality and accountability of the work, including accurate data collection, data integrity, and meaningful reporting.
- Adhere to expectations, protocols, and regulations set by manager, department head, agency and governing bodies.
- Develop capacity through training, supervision, coaching, modeling of senior staff and leadership, technical assistance, and self-learning efforts.
- Design, develop, and implement outcome studies and monitoring and evaluation efforts to assess the impact of programs, and the systems needed to track and analyze success of programs.
- Work collaboratively to improve data systems, conduct and oversee analysis of date, prepare high-quality reports for internal and external audiences.
- Use data to support building Sheltering Arms’ organizational knowledge base and make recommendations for program change/improvement.
- Collaborate to set program milestones and Key Performance Indicators, and support the impact narrative for external communications.
- Build expertise in assigned programs and stay up to date on best practice, regulations, research and external benchmarks.
- Submit monthly flash reports utilizing Excel sheets and information acquired from IMA-Desktop.
- Create/modify/distribute/analyze survey questionnaires/data utilizing SurveyGizmo.
- Collaborate with the AsOne Healthcare IPA with regard to Article 31 Mental Health Clinic program indicators/data.
- Ensure corporate compliance is met within the Article 31 Mental Health programs utilizing IMA-Web.
- Follow QI Calendar and the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for Afterschool/Article 31.
- Represent the agency externally effectively.
- Demonstrate consistent awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served in the course of all job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May require a flexible schedule.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Public Administration or related field a plus.
Experience: At least three years of professional experience in the field of research, monitoring and evaluation, and social services.
For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
- Effective communicator.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience with data management systems and data analysis, including presentation and report writing.
- Able to integrate and synthesize information.
- Detail oriented, flexible, and organized.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of PASW (SPSS) preferred.
- Willing and able to learn new data management systems and software.
Job description and specifications are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of the agency. Ability to perform physical restraint of youth using approved restraint techniques. Physical and PPD clearances required and reevaluated annually.