Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for the full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening, and recommending placement of candidates by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
Salary: $40,000 annually
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person) using behavioral and competency based questions.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, etc.
- Utilizes Applicant Tracking System to identify and track candidates for open positions.
- Maintains an adequate knowledge of open positions and ensures that qualified candidates are sent to hiring managers to interview weekly.
- Partners with program hiring manager to determine hiring decisions, and understand current staffing needs.
- Develop and maintain all job descriptions and job postings; maintains knowledge of position requirements.
- Completes all administrative tasks related to role, such as drafting offer letters, updating organizational chart, managing applications/resume file, etc.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Develop and maintain contacts and act as liaison with schools, alumni groups, outreach organizations, and other groups as necessary to meet recruiting objectives
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, job fairs, community network events, open houses etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives; give presentations at colleges and develop working relationships with colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Serves as a support to Human Resources Generalist.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Conducts site visits to develop knowledge of program and culture of facility in order to meet staffing needs.
- Collect and maintain data to analyze time to fill, vacancy rates and turnover measurements to assist in continuous improvement with staffing needs, cost savings and hiring process.
- Maintains professionalism and engages in respectful behavior in the workplace across all levels of interactions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of Human Resources experience required
- Experience with recruitment systems, Google Apps, MS Suite, and HRIS preferred.
- Strong customer services and communication skills.
- Must be articulate, professional, competent, and a team player.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.