The Training Coordinator will serve as the structural framework for the Professional Development Department providing vital support by way of training, administration, and coordination of the Department’s activities. Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting with tracking and coordinating compliance activities for both the Human Resources and the Professional Development Departments.
- Responsible for facilitating required and general training topics.
- Provides comprehensive administrative support to the Professional Development Department including but not limited to: tracking workshop registration, maintaining departmental databases (which includes inputting workshop attendance, workshop evaluation forms, creating and distributing workshop certificates), preparing materials for workshops (which includes sign-in sheets, evaluation forms and handouts), and filing
- Assists the Training & Compliance Manager with the coordination of all compliance activities for the HR Department including but not limited to: preparing documents for audits (which includes pulling and re-filing employee records, photocopying and organizing documents for review) and follow up on results of audits when needed
- Sets-up and breaks down training spaces as needed
- Builds marketing materials for trainings as needed
- Sends out regular communications in order to increase enrollment, ensure registered staff attend sessions, and that staff are kept aware of changes in scheduled trainings
- Serves as a liaison between trainers and trainees, and trainers and the Department when applicable
- Actively engages in their own professional development by attending external trainings to address areas identified as needing improvement
- Other related tasks that may be assigned
- BA required.
- Experience training adult audiences, preferably in a social service setting.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, and other computer applications such as a Learning Management System (LMS) and web-based communication platforms such as WebEx, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, etc.
Professional Requirements: Demonstrated track record of high level organizational and interpersonal skills, experienced with designing and delivering professional development and training, the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and the willingness to engage in one’s personal and professional development.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to climb stairs, lift and move furniture and boxes up to 30 lbs, and carry training equipment up to 50 lbs.