DDS Medicaid Compliance Document Controller
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Maintains and organizes paper and electronic documents as they relate to Medicaid Corporate Compliance within the Developmental Disabilities programs.
- Director of Developmental Disabilities Services
- Travel to various Sheltering Arms DDS Sites Work and work with program management in organizing, maintaining and archiving HSBC Waiver and ICF documents
- Organize documents by individual served, type of document, year and month of document
- Assist managers with organizing and archiving documents up to 7 years as required by OPWDD and CMS
- Insure that stored documents are labeled and easily identifiable
- Upload all documents in program folders (organized by site, individual, year and month)
- Must be able to retrieve archived documents (physical and/or electronic)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Other duties as needed
- High School Graduate minimum requirement
- AAS or some college preferred
- Administrative experience preferred
- Knowledge of OPWDD 624, 633 and 625 Regulations preferred
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services