Case Planner, Foster Care & Adoption (Harlem)
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
We are looking for a Case Planner for our Harlem location to expedite reunification by providing services and advocacy to parents and children temporarily separated because of abuse or neglect by intensive work in parental home neighborhoods.
- Meet all the mandates of contract agency and New York State for services to families and children referred to us.
- Interview parents and children in agency, at home, and in community facilities.
- Accompany parents to drug treatment programs.
- Arrange and supervise family visits in home neighborhoods.
- Maintain cases records according to City and State standards, annotating all contracts.
- Review cases regularly with Supervisor and Program Director.
- Collaborate with clinic Specialists to meet health care needs.
- Represent client and agency in court activities.
- Attend training to keep current with new developments and resources.
- Extensive field work.
- Performs other duties as delegated
- BSW/BA in related field.
- Vigorous commitment to community work to establish early permanence.
- Good writing, relationship and organizational skills.
- Persistence to explore family relationships, ready to accompany clients to drug program, team work.
- Knowledge of child welfare systems.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
Annual Salary: $48,000-52,500
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.