Licensed Practical Nurse (Clinic LPN)
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Description: The licensed practical nurse will work in conjunction with the Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Nursing and administrative team members to provide comprehensive health care to clients at the clinic. The clinic, which is a primary pediatric care facility, serves children in foster care, adolescents in the juvenile justice system and adolescents living in group homes. Clinic services include well visits, urgent care and sick visits for our patients, from newborns to age 21. This is a full-time position, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. No weekend or overnight hours however there is the option of overtime.
- Triage, inclusive of obtaining and documenting vital signs including height, weight, head circumference, temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiration rate and oxygen saturation of patients, as part of comprehensive health care
- Collect labs, perform venipuncture
- Administer immunizations as ordered by MD/PNP
- Place PPDs
- Proficiency in ECG application
- Medical chart review, accurate and timely documentation of care and referrals in compliance with agency and regulatory requirements
- Data entry of health information into the electronic health record and into other electronical systems as required, e.g. Citywide Immunization Registry
- Attend conferences, seminars and agency meetings as designated by the Director of Health Services
- Other duties as assigned
- Current and unencumbered New York State LPN license
- Two or more years of experience working in pediatrics
- Knowledge of and/or experience with providing trauma-informed care
- Experience working with foster care youth a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Spanish-speaking a plus
- Ability to coordinate all areas of health care services, to educate, instruct and counsel; and to communicate effectively with agency staff, foster and biological parents
- The ability to exercise good judgment in emergency situations and to recognize available resources and use appropriately
- Current First Aid, CPR, and Infection Control certifications required and must be maintained throughout employment
Salary: $50,000- $60,000
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine/laboratory equipment, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.