Bilingual Mental Health Therapist
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, well-being, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: Practicing child parent psychotherapy model in the home. Position ideal for candidates who enjoy a flexible schedule and have a passion to work with families. Candidates will receive clinical hours and a bonus is given to those who obtain their licensure while employed. In addition, an 18 month commitment to the model will allow for the candidate to be rostered as a CPP Clinician. A rostered CPP clinician can work as a CPP therapist in any other mental health setting.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Provide therapeutic treatment to caregiver and child(ren) using CPP model primarily within the family home
- Coordinate all case management, referral and advocacy services for each family, to alleviate risk of abuse or neglect
- Participate in all required training and credentialing activities as required by the CPP model, ACS and Sheltering Arms
- Develop resources for social services referrals, assessing, coordinating and evaluating services needed by the family
- Responsible timely submission of all paperwork, completion of intakes as well as progress notes and all necessary paperwork
- Maintain case records in an orderly fashion; maintain proper data entry and records within Connections and PROMIS systems
- Home visits must take place at least weekly and may require case planner to travel and walk up steps. Evening and weekend hours may be required
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or mental health discipline, license preferred
- LMSW required. Limited Permit eligible candidates will also be considered
- Clinical experience and experience with evidence based models preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills; computer literate
- Experience in child welfare field strongly preferred
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner while managing competing priorities
- Bilingual preferred, (preferably Spanish, French/Creole) to conduct case management for our families
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications; knowledge of PROMIS/CONNX desired
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity when serving clients that come from different backgrounds and walks of life
- One time payment towards licensure exam for candidates with limited permit
Shift: 9AM-5PM Flexible
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT_It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.