Jr. Recruiting Specialist
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: The Jr. Recruiting Specialist is responsible for the full life-cycle recruiting, screening, and recommending placement of candidates by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person) using behavioral and competency based questions.
- Utilizes Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to identify and track candidates for open positions.
- Develop and maintain all job descriptions and job postings; maintains knowledge of position requirements.
- Completes all administrative tasks related to role, such as drafting offer letters, updating organizational chart, managing applications/resume file, etc.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, job fairs, community network events, open houses etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Provide administrative support as directed (faxing, filing, scanning, phones, etc)
- Actively follow up and audit all employee files to ensure that all are complete and compliant based on state and agency policy
- Maintains professionalism and engages in respectful behavior in the workplace across all levels of interactions.
- Serves as a support to the Recruiting Specialist and Onboarding Specialists
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of Human Resources or full-cycle Recruiting experience required.
- Experience with recruitments systems, Google Apps, MS Suite, and HRIS preferred.
- Strong customer services and communication skills.
- Must be articulate, professional, competent, and a team player
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.