- Bronx, NY
- Full Time
- Early Head Start
- Mid Level
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
• To build responsive trusting relationships with each child in their care.
• To provide support to parents in their role as primary caregiver.
• To plan and evaluate an educational program that supports and monitors children’s growth and development through the individualization of goals and objectives within the framework of our approved Curriculum.
• To ensure the safety, health and wellness of children in the program.
• To participate in training to expand skills and knowledge
• Maintain accurate case records to meet the Early Head Start Program Performance Standards
• To be ethical in all dealings with children, families and community representatives.
• To respect the privacy and confidentiality of children and parents.
• Performs other duties as delegated
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a related field with valid certification; or Bachelor’s in ECE or related field with 5 years of supervised experience in an ECE classroom; or Bachelor’s Study Plan accepted if you have an Associate’s in ECE or 90 college credits.
• Prior experience working with young children.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms. As a day care worker, providing quality care for children will require a high degree of physical exertion. Must have the ability to lift and hold children, sit down on the floor and stand up frequently and walk quickly around the classroom. In addition, due to the high level of energy in the clients during all physical activities and outings, must be able to run, play, and travel with the children. Physical and PPD clearance required.