The Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education (ECE) Programs will support the Director of Early Childhood Education Programs to provide ongoing and effective oversight of all early childhood education programs including Centered based Early Learn programs, Universal Pre-K, Integrated Classrooms, Early Head Start, and Head Start.
- Share with Director of Early Childhood Education direct supervision and coaching of key personnel within the department including the following job titles: Education Directors, Health Services Coordinators, Family Services Workers, and Fatherhood Specialists.
- Supervise the daily operation of program sites in the absence of Education Directors.
- Support Education Directors in developing and maintaining strong working relationships and continuous collaboration with teachers, parents, community partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct site visits to ensure compliance with DOE, DOI, OCFS and Early Learn mandates and regulations.
- Support the Education Directors in dealing with challenging situations that may occur in the day to day running of the program. Serve as a mediator/facilitator when necessary to provide resolutions to conflicts between parents and staff.
- Work closely with Education Directors and Human Resources department to handle employee grievances.
- Ensure agency policies and procedures are properly implemented at sites.
- Assist Education Directors in ensuring sites are fully enrolled through advertising, recruiting, and monitoring enrollment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of ongoing staff training and development
- Work closely with Education Directors and HR Generalist to support recruitment of employees, interviewing, and succession planning
- Monitor employee performance, support Education Directors with performance management and achievement of goals
- Collaborate with Training Department to map out professional development needs of ECE department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- NYS Teacher Certification
- 4-5 years prior management experience in Early Childhood Education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as standard industry technologies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- First Aid and CPR trainings required and recertified as needed
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.