Program Director - After School (PS 105)
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: The program director oversees the day to day management of the after school program and reports to the Assistant Director of After School Programs. We are looking for various locations: Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Ensuring the success of the after school/summer program which includes but is not limited to developing a program plan that has clear vision and outcomes; supervising and coordinating on-site activities; implementing and designing curriculums; overseeing snacks; ensuring that program spaces (classrooms/cafeteria/gym etc) are in good condition and according to the DOH guidelines; and implementing policies and procedures that ensure safety and supervision of youth at all times.
- Overseeing and managing program budget
- Maintaining all documents and files required by licensing and funding sources
- Serving as the primary liaison between the organization, the host school administration, and other key stakeholders
- Supervising all line staff and provide necessary support and guidance through oral and written feedback, observation, coaching, and training to ensure that program staff is accountable for providing highly supervised, quality services to youth and their families in a safe and healthy environment at all times
- Working closely with the Human Resources and Training Department to ensure that candidates are promptly interviewed for vacancies
- Attending all necessary organization meetings, and working collaboratively with the host school administration to align program content
- Writing and submitting assigned report, tests, etc.
- Working closely with Quality Improvement Department to administer pre and post tests according to the company guidelines
- Working closely with school administration to establish positive relationship with parents and community leaders by hosting events and workshops
- Working closely with Development Department on various funding initiatives
- Working closely with school leadership team to coordinate student recruitment, registration and retention
- All other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Education or a related field
- A Minimum of five years of relevant experience with elementary/middle school aged children in an educational setting
- At least two of the above five years of experience in an administrative/supervisory capacity in an afterschool, education, or youth development field
- Positive role model with strong leadership, conflict resolution and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain, and effectively communicate systems as related to compliance, operations, and safety
- Ability to motivate a team to meet all safety, compliance, and operational expectations
- Demonstrated ability to interface and collaborate effectively with school administrators, contractors, partners, managers, parents, and other stakeholders
- Effective organizational skills and knowledge of record keeping systems
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet short deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word & comfort level with databases
- Knowledge of and ability to manage budgets
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.