Solutions Based Casework (SBC) Supervisor
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high
need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year
from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to
our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining
our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse
backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every
role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team
members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing supervision to one SBC team which is composed of 4
case planners, 1 case aide, and additional support staff providing evidence based services to families
in Queens who are child welfare involved or at risk of child welfare involvement.
• Provides weekly supervision and administrative supervision to SBC case planners.
• Provides individual supervision focusing on case planner development and utilization of the
• Conducts reviews of cases of each supervisee to ensure adherence to performance
standards and procedures and in compliance with ACS/OCFS mandates.
• Continuous assessment of safety and risk of each youth in the home in accordance with ACS
• Assist in coordination of special projects and outreach for program development.
• Assist in the interviewing process of potential candidates for case planner position.
• Orientate new staff to program policy and procedures.
• Participates in case conferences as well as SBC and required ACS
• Other duties assigned by the Director.
• MSW required, or equivalent in related field, license preferred.
• 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience with SBC model required, certification preferred.
• Experience with Connections and PROMIS required.
• Demonstrated ability to create a positive work environment and foster staff development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; computer literate.
• Bilingual preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all
employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s
perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender
identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or
veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring,
compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer,
layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.