Job Summary: Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services seeks a motivated Human Resources Paid Intern for our Human Resources Department. In this role, you will assist the Department with a diverse set of responsibilities including, HR administrative task and special projects. This internship is designed to build your acumen and provide hands-on experience in various aspects of the human resources function.
- Assist in the update of employee files
- Support the department with reference checks, applicant tracking, and retention reports
- Support the department with on-boarding procedures, reviewing new hire paperwork, and administration related to new-hire orientation
- Assist Benefits Administrator with updating Benefit Files and following up with employees on the telephone to obtain required forms
- Verify that information is correct and up to date on all health insurance lists.
- Assist in various HR projects and events
- Complete various administrative tasks including, filing, faxing, and scanning
- Other related tasks that may be assigned
- Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 25 hours per week to the internship, on a regular defined schedule
- Knowledge of MS Office applications. Word and Excel, Access required
- Working towards a college degree and/or graduate degree in Human Resources, Non-profit administration, or related field preferred
- Ability to create databases
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Willingness and desire to learn about all aspects of Human Resources
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms NY that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.