Control Room Monitor, LSP
- Ozone Park, NY
- Full Time
- Adolescent Residential Care
- Entry Level
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is looking for a Full Time Control Room Monitor to work in our Limited Secure Placement Facility located in South Ozone Park, Queens. The Limited Secure Placement Facility are 8 to 25 bed programs that houses juvenile delinquent youth between the ages of 11-17 who are serving their sentence in our facility under high surveillance.The Control Room Monitor plays an integral role in the safety and security of all residents, employees, and visitors by monitoring the live footage of the facility 24/7.
- Monitors all activities taking place in the facility, keeping a keen eye for safety
- Communicates with on-site personnel regarding any activity which could result in an incident.
- Monitors visits with individuals visiting clients
- Pulls prior footage and reviews as needed for Site Director, Program Director or other authorized personnel.
- Remains alert at all times as to not be distracted from footage.
- Covers for members of the Control Center team on breaks
- Responds to emergency situations in the facility
- Immediately reports any incident, accident, illness, or injury
- Maintains facility keys
- Allows for entry and exits from the facility
- Responsible for adhering to all ACS, OCFS and agency regulations.
- Completes log reports of activity
- Informs the Case Planner and supervisors of any issues related to the youth or their families as they become aware of such information
- Ability to work various hours and days of the week
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Prior relevant experience in surveillance or security.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills in order to maintain required documentation
- Commitment to the mission and values of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services
- Must be able to pass required Safe Crisis Management (SCM) and recertify annually
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services. Ability to perform physical restraint of youth using approved restraint techniques. Physical and PPD clearances required and reevaluated annually. Must be physically able to view television screen for long periods of time.