Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Coordinator of Day Habilitation and Waiver Services that would be responsible for the development, management, coordination, and evaluation of quality of services for the I/DDS programs while adhering to OPWDD rules and regulations. This position supervises and provides professional direction to Day Program and Waiver Services staff.
- Works closely with the Director and oversight of the DDS Day Program and Waiver Services.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates all day/waiver program staff (Group Leaders/ Direct Care Workers, Etc.) in accordance with personnel policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision of all Group Leaders.
- Evaluates for new admissions and assists in making determinations on program eligibility.
- Assist Director in expanding Day Services.
- Monitor and review case records and other required programmatic documentation.
- Evaluation of group leader performance in a timely and accurate manner. Assist with core competency with staff.
- Responsible for daily coordination of resources to assure timely response and service delivery to individuals and collaborating agencies.
- Participates in clinical/management meetings and works with other staff within the I/DDS Department to support an integrated approach to programs and services.
- Conducts internal Audits (individual files, medical files, goals, and etc).
- Assists Director in ensuring day and waiver programs meet regulations by identifying and collecting of data to evaluate the effectiveness of services.
- Attends program survey and exit conferences as needed.
- Assists in the compilation of data for trend reports, annual reports, as assigned.
- Insures compliance to agency Incident Review Policy and Procedures. Participates in the program committees as per OPWDD regulatory standards.
- Networks with external agencies as assigned. Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Keeps Director apprised of all significant issues, provides feedback to program administrators on trends and program initiatives including community inclusion, and pathways to employment.
- Keeps abreast of current literature and professional trends.
- Assume responsibility for the day and waiver programs in the absence of the Director.
- Conducts monthly meetings with program leadership/supervisors.
- Conducts frequent on-site reviews of each facility.
- Develop and implement consistent policies and procedures across all program facilities.
- Responsibilities may be added, changed or deleted at any time at the discretion of the Department Head or Administration formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Available on call 24 hours a day.
- Other related tasks may be assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or related field.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- 2+ year’s experience in Intellectual Developmental Disability Services;
- Knowledge of OPWDD regulations and regulatory compliance
- Must be a QIDP/experience in writing and reviewing service plans (Medicaid Waiver Services) required.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills/group facilitation skills; and ability to travel within the boroughs for training
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.