Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
We are seeking a Case Planner to work in our Family Support Services program. Under the supervision of the Supervisor, the Case Planner will be responsible for case intake, management of cases and providing service needs, in accordance with ACS standards and indicators and agency policy and procedure manual.
- Responsible timely submission of all paperwork, completion of intakes as well as progress notes and all necessary paperwork
- Coordinate all case management, referral and advocacy services for each family.
- Develop resources for social services referrals, assessing, coordinating and evaluating preventive services needed by the family
- Provide individual, family and group counseling.
- Maintain case records in an orderly fashion.
- Home visits must take place weekly and may require case planner to walk up steps. Evening hours may be warranted for some cases.
- Performs other duties as delegated
- Bachelors degree or Masters Degree in Social Work
- Good writing and oral communication skills; computer literate
- 2-3 years experience in child welfare field strongly preferred
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner while managing competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications; knowledge of PROMIS/CONNX desired
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity when serving clients that come from different backgrounds and walks of life
- Bilingual Spanish required
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.