Administrative Assistant for Transitional Foster Care
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services (Sheltering Arms) serves 12,000 New Yorkers every year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Our goal is to foster a society where every child and family we serve will have the opportunity to succeed and thrive. We address the effects of social inequity in the most challenged communities in New York City. Our innovative programs and compassionate services measurably enhance the education, well-being and development of children, their families, and communities. We have maintained an unwavering commitment to our mission since 1823. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for the youth, children and families we serve. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
About ORR: The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) is a program of the federal Administration for Children and Families (ACF) within the United States Department of Health and Human Services. ORR programs provide short term home based transitional foster care and residential services for unaccompanied minors who immigrate to the United States without a parent or guardian.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will support the administrative functions of the ORR program.
- Provide administrative support to the program management, supervisors and staff
- Assist with data entry, collection of program data and completion of reports
- Assist with the planning and execution of staff and unaccompanied minor travel
- Communicate with stakeholders, community partners, vendors, foster parents and unaccompanied minors to organize program activities
- Complete order requests and assist with fiscal processing including but not limited to: payroll, petty cash disbursement and reconciliation of receipts
- Maintain inventory and accountability for materials and supplies
- Copy, scan, type, file and answer phones
- Create flyers about community events and activities
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual English Spanish preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency Microsoft office suite and graphic design software
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including late evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Committed to working toward community organizing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.