MST Therapist - Bilingual
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing intensive home/community base behavioral treatment to high-risk youth and their families residing in Queens.
- Provides MST-SA treatment to families
- 75% of the therapeutic services are done in the home and/or community, maintaining a caseload of 5-6 clients with as much as 4 face-to-face clinical contact hours per week. MST Therapists provides 24/7 on call services to families that reside in the Queens community.
- Completes MST weekly summaries for supervisory feedback
- Participate in weekly group supervision
- Individual supervision focusing on clinician development and review of session recordings.
- Training parents conduct urinalysis and follow MST-SA protocol.
- Continuous assessment of safety and risk of each youth in the home in accordance to ACS policy.
- Utilization of PROMIS (ACS system) for entering client contacts.
- 5-10% utilization of CONNECTIONS (ACS system) for documentation (assessments, services plans, progress notes, and termination paperwork. Other 90-95% of paperwork is done on an offline template)
- Provides case management support to linkages and referrals to additional support services and plans for termination
- Attends case conferences, MST and ACS trainings, meetings and supervision.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Master’s Degree in a New York State Licensable degree (incl. MSW, MFT, MHC, Ms. Ed) required
- Clinical experience
- MST certified (can be trained when hired)
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
**We will be doing virtual interviews at this time as a result of the city's current mandates, and to keep everyone safe and healthy.**
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.