Clinical Services Provider - CFTSS
- Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, NY
- Full Time
- Medicaid Redesign
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms (formerly Episcopal Social Services) strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Position Summary: Sheltering Arms seeks a dynamic clinical professional to provide individual, family and group counseling to youth (0-21) and their families. These therapeutic counseling services are part of an exciting new initiative by New York State of an array of services, known as Children & Families Treatment & Support Services (CFTSS). The intention is to help prevent the progression of behavioral health needs through early identification and intervention, and can be for children/youth who may not yet have a diagnosis. The goal is to correct or ameliorate problems with functioning or capacity for healthy relationships. Services are designed to be unique, flexible and targeted while also being client and family focused. Services are intended to be home/community based.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct evaluations/assessments of children/youth referred for CFTS services
- Develop child/youth centered treatment plans with the input of child/youth/families
- Provide ongoing clinical services to children and families – modalities of treatment can be individual, family or group
- Respond to and address crisis situations for recipients of these new services
- Provide services in the location needed or preferred by the recipient (home, school, community)
- Document all client services in electronic health record (EHR-MyEvolve)
- Interface and collaborate with all Sheltering Arms programs and/or outside providers
- Attend meetings related to CFTS services
- Audit preparation as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT, Licensed psychoanalyst
- Strong engagement skills
- Knowledge of best practices for working with children and families
- Experience in child welfare and/or mental health services to children and families
- Self-motivated, self-starter, ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout NYC and conduct home visits
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.