Wraparound Services Director
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
About the Program: A community-based gun violence prevention program that aims to reduce and prevent shootings through the use of public health strategies. The program is a replication of the evidence-based Cure Violence model.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services, this individual will provide oversight for the three Crisis Management System Wraparound Services and will provide direct supervision of clinical social workers and case management staff.
- Ensure quality counseling, case management and support is provided to youth receiving services in the School Mediation Program, Works Plus Program and Therapeutic Services Program
- Supervise clinical staff members by providing weekly clinical supervision
- Review treatment and service plans to ensure they meet the needs of individuals
- Ensure paperwork for each intervention is completed in a timely fashion including but not limited to intakes, case notes, Bio Psycho Socials/assessments, and referral material
- Facilitate/co-facilitate workshops/groups as needed
- Liaison with funders, service providers and stakeholders: including but not limited to MOCJ, DOHMH, DOE, DYCD and other service providers
- Meet with stakeholders routinely to ensure compliance with plan and optimal service delivery
- Track services and referrals for monthly and quarterly reports
- All other relevant duties as delegated
- MSW degree required
- LMSW or LCSW licensing required; LCSW preferred
- At least seven years’ experience working in human services field
- Experience providing mental health support to youth
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of high risk and at risk youth population required
- Must be able to travel to various sites in Queens
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job
- Flexibility in schedule required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.