Bilingual Per Diem Administrative Assistant (Spanish)
- New York, NY
- Mental Health Services
- Entry Level
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: Responsible for making clients feel comfortable in our offices. The Per Diem Administrative Assistant greets clients and answers the telephone, providing customer services to clients and referral sources. The Per Diem Administrative Assistant also completes billing and scheduling functions including creating daily appointment and encounter forms and tracking productivity and documentation.
- Communicate important client/staff information via e-mail to staff and supervisor(s) in timely manner.
- Answer phones in the clinic
- Complete initial phone screenings for perspective clients.
- Enter and Track demographic information on Electronic Medical Record system (EMR)
- Enter and maintain therapists’ and psychiatrist’s schedules on EMR
- Prepare daily billing sheets and encounter forms or therapists and psychiatrists on a weekly basis prior to sending to billing coordinator.
- Get insurance authorization for new clients. Keep track of the need to get re-authorization for existing clients.
- Review therapists’ daily billing sheets for accuracy in billing and coding, signing off only when the information is accurate and supported by clinical documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have High School Diploma/GED required
- 1-2 years of office experience
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking required
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills required.
- Competence using Microsoft Office software required.
- Experience working at medical/mental health clinic strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in using electronic medical records highly desired.
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.