- Bronx, NY
- Part Time
- Children's Center Annex
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
We are looking for a Weekend Cook to work at our Children's Center Annex site in the Bronx. The primary responsibility of the Cook is to oversee the dietary needs of children by preparing nutritious meals daily. This position is in a residential setting serving children from the ages 0-12.
- Follow menu plan laid out by head cook
- Maintains proper storage, labeling, dating, and control of waste.
- Prepares and serves food.
- Supervises the proper maintenance of equipment, kitchen and pantry area.
- Maintains good sanitation and safety practices, including personal hygiene.
- Attend trainings, workshops and seminars pertaining to food preparation and nutrition.
- Fully cleans the kitchen on weekends
- Creates and maintains menus
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or relevant vocational trainings/certifications required
- 1-2 years’ experience in food handling and preparation.
- Food Preparation Training/Food Handler’s Certificate required
- First Aid and CPR trainings required and recertified as needed
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.