Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs
Job Summary: Collects and compiles programmatic data and generates reports for tracking, monitoring, and ongoing quality improvement for Early Childhood programs. Tracks compliance and submits reports as requested. Works with the QI Team to coordinate agency-wide and program quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensure quality and accountability of the work, including accurate data collection, data integrity, and meaningful reporting.
- Adhere to expectations, protocols, and regulations set by manager, department head, agency and governing bodies.
- Develop capacity through training, supervision, coaching, modeling of senior staff and leadership, technical assistance, and self-learning efforts.
- Design, develop, and implement outcome studies and monitoring and evaluation efforts to assess the impact of programs, and the systems needed to track and analyze success of programs.
- Work collaboratively to improve data systems, conduct and oversee analysis of date, prepare high-quality reports for internal and external audiences.
- Use data to support building Sheltering Arms’ organizational knowledge base and make recommendations for program change/improvement.
- Collaborate to set program milestones and Key Performance Indicators, and support the impact narrative for external communications.
- Build expertise in assigned programs and stay up to date on best practice, regulations, research and external benchmarks.
- Effectively represent the agency externally.
- Demonstrate consistently an awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served in the course of all job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May require a flexible schedule.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Public Administration or related field strongly preferred; Bachelor’s required.
- At least three years of professional experience in the field of research, monitoring and evaluation, and social services. Program experience in early childhood education and/or QA/QI preferred.
- Effective communicator.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience with data management systems and data analysis, including presentation and report writing.
- Able to integrate and synthesize information.
- Detail oriented, flexible, and organized.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of PASW (SPSS) preferred.
- Knowledge of Connections and CCRS a plus.
- Willing and able to learn new data management systems and software.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.