Director of Program Performance
- Bronx, NY
- Full Time
- Quality Improvement
Overview of Position:
At Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services our goal is to foster a society where every child and family we serve will have the opportunity to succeed and thrive. We address the effects of social inequity in the most challenged communities in New York City. Our innovative programs and compassionate services measurably enhance the education, well-being, and development of children, their families, and communities.
Services provided at Sheltering Arms include foster care and preventive services; juvenile justice and runaway and homeless youth residential programs; early childhood education and after school programs; mental health clinics and residential programs for adults with developmental disabilities. The Director of Program Performance is responsible for developing, implementing and providing oversight for an agency-wide continuous quality improvement program and for ensuring high quality and client satisfaction across all programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with program leadership to develop individual program goals and performance measures.
- Develop strategies for program evaluation, outcome measurement and research aimed at developing new program models and strategies.
- Provide strategic direction and support for a 12 member Quality Improvement (QI) department.
- Supervise directly two QI Coordinators and three QI Managers.
- Provide oversight of program compliance and monitoring, incident reporting and review, and HIPAA compliance.
- Serve as the Corporate Compliance Officer, coordinate and facilitate quarterly Corporate Compliance/Risk Management Committee.
- Maintain the agency’s incident reporting system and provide regular analysis.
- Track all NYS Justice Center Reporting and status of investigations; facilitate quarterly agency Incident Review Committee.
- Coordinate the agency’s accreditation activities and ensure maintenance of CARF accreditation.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual and “as requested” reports and trend analysis for internal and external performance monitoring as well as board reporting.
- Coordinate with HR and Facilities to track all insurance reporting and legal actions; serve as the point of contact for client legal actions; provide regular updates on legal activity.
- Serve as NYS Connections Implementation Coordinator.
- Contribute to development of agency and program policies and procedures.
- Provide support and analysis to programs and to the Development department to support the procurement of grants and contracts.
- Serve as a member of the agency Leadership Team and effectively represent the agency externally.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or related field.
- A minimum of eight years of QI/QA experience, preferably in the social services sector.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience.
- Excellent organizational, research, analytic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and management skills.
- For this role, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/printer and copy machines. Must be able to travel to and from the various Sheltering Arms sites and locations.